We are hiring!
Job Title: Development Specialist II
Organization: Giving Voice Initiative
Job Specifics: Non-exempt .5 FTE (20 hours/week) – six-month contract with possible renewal
Giving Voice inspires and equips organizations to bring together people with Alzheimer’s and their care partners to sing in choruses that foster joy, well-being, purpose and community understanding. Formed in 2015, Giving Voice Initiative (GVI) is a 501(c)3 is leading a movement that helps those with dementia lives better lives through strengthened connections and singing together in community. GVI is operating three choruses in the Twin Cities area and is providing leadership and assistance to choruses worldwide. As a leading advocate for living well with Alzheimer’s, Giving Voice is creating a passionate team to spread the message about the power of music, connection and hope. Development Specialist has the ability to significantly impact the lives of those with dementia and their caregivers.
Driven by a small staff and many talented volunteers, Giving Voice is growing and dynamic nonprofit with national recognition. The work of the organization involves technical assistance in chorus development, advocacy at a local and national level, partnerships with research institutions, and artistic excellence within our choruses. The evolving work of Giving Voice translates it into actionable guidance for our communities to reframe the way they see people living with dementia.
Reports to the Executive Director
Development Specialist will expand and accelerate Giving Voice’s Advancement Plan. Primary duties include:
- Manage GiveMN campaign and other annual fundraising opportunities
- Oversee and manage donor information in Little Green Light relationship database, including gift acknowledgement and donor communications
- Design and implement a tribute/memorial campaign through print, website, email and social media
- Provide staff support to Board Development Committee
- Develop/oversee Annual appeal, Salon event and ongoing “friend-raising” activities leading to larger donations and sustainable giving programs
- Manage grant writing opportunities, assist with research of new grant opportunities and assist preparation of grant reports
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Giving Voice
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in nonprofit development preferred
- Experience with a donor database
- Experience with social media, email and print campaigns a benefit
- Ability to work flexible hours and independently manage multiple projects
- Dedicated team player
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities-
- Manage all development communications including processing gifts, sending thank you/renewal letters, organizing Board thank-a-thon, ensuring donor touchpoints
- Assist in cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of current and prospective donors
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to reach development goals
- Continue development of LGL constituent database – ongoing management and integration with QuickBooks Online
- Support the Development Chair and Committee on executing its charter and annual work plans
- Provide basic donor updates and analysis reports to Executive Director and Board
- Develop, implement and manage campaigns designed for targeted audiences and dates, I.e. GIVE MN
- Expand the number of corporate sponsorships from one to five
- Maintain a calendar of activities and touchpoint events to support campaigns, i.e. public performances, rehearsals,
- Oversee development and printing of all email and event-related campaign and collateral materials including brochures, invitations, thank you letters, recognition, etc.
- Track grant planning to identify upcoming grant deadlines and reports
- Work with Executive Director and Board members to identify funding needs and grant matching opportunities
- Participate in grant writing as requested, working as a member of a successful grants writing team
- Track and assist with grant reporting as required by foundations/grantors
Please make application by Wednesday, September 30, 2019, to Executive Director, Giving Voice Initiative.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.